Followers

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year!

Wishing everyone a crafty new year!! What's on everyones new years resolution? I am hoping I will be able to keep mines. Other than being more obedient in my walk with Christ, I made some crafty resolutions as well. This year I sincerely hope to get current with my scrapbooks. I have decided to focus only on finishing my books. We shall see how well this goes. After all of the Christmas projects were done I was left feeling exhausted and overwhelmed. My room was a complete disaster area and I felt as if I had lost my love for crafting. But thanks to some wonderful ladies on the Cricut message board I am back and here to stay!!! My craftroom is getting a much needed makeover and I am so excited to get back to what I really love, documenting my family's history.

Making scrapbooks is more than doing projects to me. For me, it shows a part of my character, a part of who I am. When I was a child our house caught fire. My parents lost everything. I have not one picture of me as an infant to share with my children. It is my hopes and dreams that my children will share the books with their children one day. Last year my family suffered many losses. We lost my grandmother, 2 uncles and one aunt. The heavens rejoiced because they were good, kind and loving individuals. When I look back at their lives I wanted something to hold on too. More valuable than money. Looking back reminded me how important it is to scrapbook. My children will see a part of me each and every time they look at my books. They will read my handwriting, hear my thoughts and remember my creativity.

I do enjoy making projects with vinyl but for now, my main focus will be to get caught up with my books.

Thanks to all of my wonderful followers and happy New Year!!

No comments:

Post a Comment