Followers

Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Flowers for teachers~Pinterest inspired project ~Teacher Appreciation Week 2013

Its Wednesday Everyone and do you know what that means? Yep, its time to honor the teachers with flowers. For todays project I painted a flower pot using spray on chalk board paint, and patio (outdoor) acrylic paint. This is a project I saw on pinterest and absolutely adored it. There are some amazing talented crafters on pinterest. If you haven't joined my only question is why not?

Anyway, the flower pot a picked up at Michaels a while ago with the anticipation of doing this project. The spray on chalk board paint I've had for years. Literally I've had it for about 4 years and never used it. Brought it from home depot with the thought of making a chalk board door in the kids rooms. That never happened! Glad I am not the type to get rid of things, at least crafty things anyway.

Ok, so here goes the tutorial for anyone wanting to try this at home. First, I covered the areas I did not want painted with blue painters tape. Then I sprayed on the chalk board paint. Allowed that to dry before applying another coat. Be sure to use spray paint in a well ventilated area like outdoors. Next I painted the rim of the flower pot. I used the primary yellow color for the ruler part and Santa's red for the lower (plate) area. Next, I took a measuring tape and used it as a guideline for the ruler markings. Please excuse my handwriting it isn't the best. Once everything dried I conditioned the chalk board surface by rubbing the side of a piece of chalk all over it and washing it off. Final step is to take a flower and plant it in the pot and add a sentiment.

There you have it! Day number 3 complete.

Thanks for stopping by and commenting on my blog have a wonderful day.

Sharondalyn

2 comments: